Jervis Bay - Whale Watch Cruise - Admission
The Whale Cruise gives you the rare opportunity to witness the majestic beauty of our migrating Humpback Whales. Imagine setting off on the immaculate Jervis Bay, on a sunny winter’s day, and having these awe inspiring Humpback Whales greet us on their journey. A truly life changing experience set against rugged cliffs and ancient sea caves.
On the Northern migration we sight Whales within a mile or so off the dramatic sea cliffs on Jervis Bay’s peninsula, making it one of the most exciting Whale watching experiences on the East coast of Australia. During the Southern migration, we begin to get mothers and their new born calves coming to rest in Jervis Bay. During this time viewing the Whales is in the sheltered waters of Jervis Bay, offering the most unique viewing of the season. A lasting, treasured memory.
This 2 hour tour offers an unforgettable experience as you spot the majestic migration of humpback Whales through Jervis Bay. The Whale watching adventure takes you past glorious cliffs at Point Perpendicular and stops by a natural lagoon known as Honeymoon Bay. If you’re lucky enough to visit the area in October or November, your Whale watching experience may include some unique sightings of female humpbacks nursing their young in the bay.
Daily (except Christmas day)
Departs: 1.00pm from Jervis Bay Wild’s Cruise Terminal
- 2 Hour Whale Watching Cruise in Jervis Bay
- History commentary on Jervis Bay as you travel
- There are over 100 Bottlenose Dolphins that live in the bay all year round. See them race for hundreds of metres to play on the vessels bow
- Unspoilt white beaches and crystal clear water
- Diverse wildlife in their natural habitat
- Departure : 10.30am and 1pm
- Boarding 15 minutes prior
- Mid May - Mid November
- Departs from Jervis Bay Wild’s Cruise Terminal, boarding 15 minutes prior to departure
- Please note Jervis Bay is located over 2.5 hours from Sydney CBD
- Humpbacks are the most acrobatic of all the great whales
- Humpbacks get their name from the way they hump their back before they sound, or dive
- Humpback whales are the fifth largest animal on the planet
- At birth, they are about 4.5m long and weigh about 1,300kg
- Humpback whales grow up to 15m in length and can weigh up to 48,000kg. That’s equivalent to 11 elephants or 600 persons each!
- Females grow larger than males
- Females calve every 2-3 years
- Their pectoral fins are one-third the length of their body
- A protected species, Humpback whales are increasing in numbers by about 13% each year
Terms And Conditions
- Please do not be late as vessels must leave on time.
- Child ticket is valid for ages 2-14. Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Not suitable for women past their sixth month (24 weeks) pregnancy.
- It is advised that passengers who may experience motion sickness to visit their pharmacy before boarding
- Strictly no alcohol to be taken on-board, and no smoking permitted on the vessel.
- Departure times subject to change as some vessels have tide issues.
- Routes may vary at the discretion of our skippers due to wind and sea conditions
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Cruise vessel subject to change without notice
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements *Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
Adult : AUD 60.00
Child : AUD 28.00
- Location : Jervis Bay, Australia
- Category : Attraction Ticket
You might also like...
PORT STEPHENS EXPERIENCE
Port Stephens is an easy 2.5 hours drive from Sydney, with its beautiful beaches, stunning sand dunes, coastal walks, national parks, pristine waters, carefree laid...
View this Package
BLUE MOUNTAINS EXPERIENCE
The Blue Mountains is a rugged region west of Sydney in Australia’s New South Wales. Known for dramatic scenery, it encompasses steep cliffs, eucalyptus forests,...
View this Package
7D6N AUSTRALIA DELIGHT SYDNEY + MELBOURNE
New South Wales is renowned for its coastal cities and national parks. Sydney is home to many iconic attractions such as the Sydney Harbour Bridge...
View this Package
4D3N SPLENDID SYDNEY
Sydney, capital of New South Wales and one of Australia's largest cities, is best known for its harbourfront Sydney Opera House, with a distinctive sail-like...
View this Package